Medium length hike, 3 hours estimated, so should end around 10:00. Walnut Creek Park is southwest of the juncture of Parmer and Lamar and one can get to the park by finding the Walnut Creek Rd off of Lamar just south of Parmer or from Parmer west of Lamar turn onto Willow Wild Dr which leads to Walnut Creek Rd. We will meet in the picnic area off of the parking lot which is off of Walnut Creek Rd - which runs through the park.
Dress appropriately for the temperature, bring water, good shoes, water for dogs if you bring them.
Discussion topics for may include
- We want electric and water utilities to provide what we need, but for the system to consume less. If my house is more automated maybe it can use less power (only heat and cool rooms I'm in), I can see how I would pay less - how is the power company financially rewarded if I have more automation and the overall usage goes down? what about water? What else?
- Life might exist or at least be possible on moon of Jupiter (Europa has water) and Saturn (so does Enceladus). Is that where we should be looking for life outside the Solar System on the moons of gas giants particularly if they are in the habitable zone?
- MonkeyParking is an app to sell a public parking spot you are about to leave. Sort of like scalping tickets. ... I want to call this asshole as a service (AAAS) what do you think? What other ways will mobile phones allow creation of a market for things that used to be free?
- Why Do Humans Grow Up So Slowly when compared with other primates? One theory is children's brains consume so much energy that they divert glucose from the rest of the body, slowing growth. Now, a study of glucose uptake and body growth in children appears to confirm this 'expensive tissue' hypothesis.
- 850 Billion NSA Surveillance Records Searchable By Domestic Law Enforcement? WTF?
If things are like normal, we will talk about none of those things. If you are running late call my cell, otherwise we will leave on time.