6201 Channel Dr, Santa Rosa, CA
Look for me in my usuals shorts and baseball cap
For questions you can email me or call [masked].
How would some of you like to do hiking in Annadel State Park and Hood Mountain and then a wine tour of a few Sonoma wineries nearby? And even more exciting have someone else do the driving, provide the sleeping accomodations and help with food planning for the weekend? We may possibly be able to do something just like that with.
If just hiking just RSVP on the hiking only postings. No need to RSVP yes here for that.
Plan on leaving at ~8 to 8:30 AM Saturday and arriving back to EL Cerrito Plaza BART station by ~7-8PM Sunday.
Costs: If we get 25 people going expect to pay about $68 each fro the whole package: driving, meals, and sleeping accomodations. Since I know and trust most of you on the RSVP, I am just going to rely on you all paying me at the trip with cash or check. Below are where the cost estimates come from.
A. The Bus - $1200 for the bus for the weekend. So per person this will be $60 if 20 sign-up or $40 if 30 show up. We'll plan on that 25 will show up so expect to pay ~$50.
B. Camping - We'll be staying at the Hilton Park Campground that has showers, swim opportunities, and a nice grassy meadow to sleep on if you want to sleep outside. Its $7/person.
http://www.hiltonpark... C. Food - Dinner is ~$5/person, Breakfast is ~$3/person (assuming light: coffee/tea/fruit/bagels or cereal or some such). Lunch ~3/person. So thats $11 all of your food needs? Menu to be discussed later. And also remember that we all chip in in meal prep. Sunday dinner will be on the road and at own cost. D. wine tasting - There maybe some wine tasting fees and so bring cash fro that or your own private purchases? E. sleeping bag rental if you don't your own. Sleeping bag rental is $30 up front: $10 rental plus $20 deposit returned at end when bag/stuff sack are returned to Driver. They're not amazing bags, just many-times-washed synthetic. But serviceable. Rough Itinerary:
0. Prepare your lunches or ingredients for your mid hike snack/lunches for Saturday only and bring them along. Also bring along your sleeping bag (and tent if you plan on sleeping outside the bus.)
1. We'll be departing from EL Cerrito Plaza BART station by ~8-8:30AM, Saturday. You can either take BART there or park at El Cerrito Plaza BART and its free on weekends.
2. Head straight to our Annadel hike that I have posted. I will come up with an easier or beginner route later and post it there.
3. After our hike, Green Tortoise will pick us up and take us on a mini-tour of 2 local wineries. People who took the shorter hike can possibly do some earlier wine tasting.
4. Set-up and park at the Hilton Park Campground
5. Have Sunday breakfast.
6. Get dropped off for our Hood Mt. hike at 11AM.
7. Get picked up by Green Tortoise and then do one winery tour and then have dinner along the way back to El Cerrito Plaza BART?
Please RSVP if you think you'd be fine with cost and would like to participate? As mentioned above expect about $69 fro the total package plus tent rental or any personal wine purchase you may be thiking of? I am planning to use this outfit for a spring Bryce-Zion-Grand Canyon trip in 2010 and so it would be great to try them out now to see how they are?