If you are new to Auckland, or you are a seasoned hiker/tramper and want to make new friends whilstenjoying the outdoors, then this Guided Hiking Meet Up Group is perfect for you.
These hiking events are led by knowledgable guides, who have hiked and tramped in Auckland for many years. Meet upsare on the weekends.We carpool to share costs.Most hikes we do are about 5 hours long, depending on the overall fitness of the group. It takes about an hours drive from the CBD to get to the tracks.
It's free to join - most of our events cost nothing more than a $2 donation - we have a heap of fun - so what are you waiting for?
Joining Guided Hikes in Auckland Meetup Group might just be the best thing you do this year!
During this meet up you will;
- explore the many tracks in the Waitakere Ranges, and other Regional Parks in Auckland or others close by.
- hike with a group of less than 30 people.
- learn something about what we are walking past.
- see waterfalls, wildlife, breathtaking views and black sand beaches.
- take some great photos.
- relax and listen to the sounds of nature.
Each hike is graded easy, medium or hard...
Easy- suitable for beginners; gentle hills, alot of stops, wet feet a possibility.
Medium- steeper hills to climb, alot of stops, wet feet a possibility
Hard- longer hikes needing confidence and stamina, wet feet a definite.
Once you join us...
More information about what to bring is available on the 'Pages' section of this Meet Up group, and on the Events you choose to RSVP.