hong kong art group Message Board › ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS: Launch of new online gallery!

ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS: Launch of new online gallery!

Jennifer F.
user 12717766
Group Organizer
Hong Kong, HK
Dear Members,

I am thrilled to announce the launch of our sister online gallery, scribbleasia.com. If you are an artist, this website is designed to help you display and sell your works. It will also be used to help promote an exhibition or event related to your art. We are currently inviting all artists to submit their works and are working through the selection process. If you are interested in exhibiting with Scribble, please follow the instructions below. If you are interested in buying art, I will send out a seperate notification for when the website is fully functioning with artworks for sale.

1. Submission process; Email the following details to us (address to myself, Jennifer) info@scribbleasia.com­:

• Image of the work/s (Use a quality JPEG or PDF file and the image must be in focus, true to the color of the art, and at least 770 pixels wide. Check the FAQ section on the website for advice on taking photos of your artwork.)
  • Details of the work/s (Title, year, dimensions, signature, artist background information etc.)
  • Provenance (If you are not the original artist, specify where and when you acquired the work/s)
  • Authenticity documentation (particularly if you are not the original artist)
  • Current condition of the work/s
  • Location of the work/s

2. Selection process:

• All types of medium will be considered. If the work is chosen for inclusion on the website, we will discuss with you an asking price based on current market comparables.
  • We will let you know if your works have been chosen within 14 days.
  • Scribble will send you an electronic copy of the terms and conditions for the sale of the work/s.
  • Upon agreement of these terms and conditions, Scribble will send a consignment agreement to sign and return.
  • It is free to submit and display your works, but 12% will be added to the asking price to cover the costs of running the website, marketing and promotions. This fee will only be incurred if your work is sold. You can find more details on pricing on the website).

Please visit the FAQ section on the site for further information on how we operate, or email me with your enquiry. As the website is in its early stages, any feedback or comments are greatly appreciated. simply email me at info@scribbleasia.com­:

Once we have a collection of works to display, a marketing campaign will be launched to publicise the website. In the meantime, please forward this email onto anyone else you know that may be interested in submitting works.
Finally, I would like to thank you all for your support in making the Hong Kong Art Group a growing and thriving community. I have not had the pleasure in meeting everyone, but I hope to do so in the near future. I am always more than happy to receive notifications of any art related events you know of or would like others to know about, and hope that through the Meetup Group and Scribbleasia.com, we can all help promote the arts in Hong Kong.
Kind Regards,
Jennifer Fearn
Scribbleasia.com
meetup.com/hong-kong-art-group­

Cool J.
user 7713743
Hong Kong, HK
Post #: 644
Hi Jennifer,

My job is related to Shenzhen Academy of Fine Arts, and of course, China Central Academy of Fine Arts or CAFA as well.
I visited the gallery in the school, some of their works are amazing even they are still learning...
Check this website, one of the student - Yoyo Zhong, she became an Tattoo Artist after graduated for her dream.

http://www.shenzhenst...­

My job, I cannot sell their works but if you are interested, I am happy to bring you there to see what we can do. Some of them may be the recognized artists one day after graduation. We never know...

I know a Printmaking Artist in China, if he is not the best one, I am sure he is the top 3 in China.
I am interested in organizing an exhibition for him in Hong Kong, I need discussion.

My job, I cannot sell my works on line, excuse me.
I sent you an email through meet up site for further discussion.

Let's talk more via email.

Jenny

A former member
Post #: 1
Congrats jenny. Thought i'd let you know that there's a group called hk online marketing domination, they hosts free webinars which im sure would be useful for you!
Jennifer F.
user 12717766
Group Organizer
Hong Kong, HK
Post #: 9
Thanks Alan- the group sounds perfect for me and I've now joined!