hong kong art group Message Board › Fotanian Open Studios - 14 and 15 Jan

Fotanian Open Studios - 14 and 15 Jan

Eunice
user 6738774
Hong Kong, HK
Post #: 8
Address: Wah Luen Industrial Centre, 15-21 Wong Chuk Yeung St., Fo Tan

Dates and hours: January 7-8 and 14-15, 2-8 p.m.

http://www.cnngo.com/...­

An art lovers' annual event, the Fotanian Open Studios will turn the aging industrial area of Fo Tan into the most vibrant art hub in town during the coming two weekends.

In 2001, eight art students moved into Fo Tan's former warehouses and factory spaces. Since then, artists with different talents have migrated to Fo Tan attracted by low rent and large spaces, transforming the area into one of the best places to meet local artists in their studios.

There will be a range of exhibitions at the Fotanian Open Studios 2012 -- fashion design, antiques, paintings, sculptures -- from well known local artists to experimental new members.

A range of workshops, artist sharings and seminars will also take place. See the event website for details or pick up a flyer from a volunteer usually stationed outside the Fo Tan train station.

Most of the studios and exhibitions will be clustered in Wah Luen Industrial Center, which will turn into one giant fashion runway this weekend for Fotanian Open Studios 2012.

Models wearing students' work from Silvio Chan Chung-fai's fashion school Alternif will patrol the factory. Chan designed the Chinese national team's Olympic jersey in 2008.
Jennifer F.
user 12717766
Group Organizer
Hong Kong, HK
Post #: 10
Thanks Eunice,

It would be great if members can post up any of their favourite studios they visited last weekend- since there are so many to visit, I imagine a shortlist would be very useful for people who have not been yet.

I only had time to tour Building 1. Here were some of my favourite studios:

Tommy Wong Studio
A.Lift
Blue Lotus (photography in particular)
'SMS'917
Lee's Studio

Please add to this list if you went last weekend, so others can visit this weekend. And please continue to add to this even after this weekend - it will still be useful to know for next year!

Thanks,
Jenny
Eunice
user 6738774
Hong Kong, HK
Post #: 10
Agree it's not possible to visit them all in one day.

I really liked the Tammy Art Doll Studio at the Harry Industrial Building (no. 7 on the info map). They are not for sale, the artist started making dolls as a hobby in her retirement. All the figures have unique expressions, pretty clothes and they are full of life and characters. Recommended to girls!