***Quick Note Friday 17th May is a Public Holiday****
A continuation of our photographing strangers meetup but this time with a twist.
The rules for the outing are as follows:
1. Do your homework beforehand. Visit the 100 Strangers Group on Flickr and see how other photographers are approaching the project and have an idea what you would like to achieve with yours.
2. Find yourself a partner. You can use this forum to organise yourselves.
3. NO CANDID IMAGES, NO SNIPING WITH YOUR TELE LENS – you must have the stranger’s permission to take their photo. You must get their name and find out a bit about them. You need it for your write up about your subject.
4. Challenge for the Day - Capture portraits of people that your partner picks. This is not a contest of who captures the most portraits. So don't make it incredibly difficult for your partner by picking the meanest person you can find. You need to note on your partner's picture why you found the subject interesting.
5. Pls post your images and annotate them as described above.
Some links to help you out.
'The street has many faces, find the interesting ones…' - Thomas Leuthard
'Street photography is 80% balls and 20% skills' - Eric Kim
Inspired by the 100 Strangers Project on Flickr, this meetup will challenge you to take portraits of complete strangers on the streets of Hong Kong.
Please have a look at two of Steve McCurry’s 'One-Minute Masterclass' for some street photography tips.
There is no need to bring lots of equipment a 50mm or medium telephoto is ideal; however, some suggestions on what equipment to bring if you want to be more creative: Flash(es), remote triggers, umbrella(s), softbox(es), reflector(s), tripod.
We also recommend you have some Name cards made up with your contact details (just Name and E-mail maybe flickr name is enough ) as this make your approach to your subjects more professional and allows them to contact you for copy of the photo easily. These can be made up cheaply around on Hong Kong for example e-print.com.hk shops all over HK and takes 2 or 3 day it's 40 bucks for a 100 or 50 bucks for 300
FRIENDLY REMINDER: Please check your calendar to make sure you are able to attend before you RSVP 'Yes'. If you do not show up on the day of the Meetup, the Host has the right to mark you as a 'No Show'.
The 10 min waiting rule will apply. If you are not at the meeting point by 2:10pm we reserve the right to mark you as a no show. No last minute, calls, text, sms, meetup messages with excuses etc will be accepted.