hoopDANCE – The Next Steps with Jeanne Lieder aka HoopFlair Sunday, January 16, 2011 1pm - 3pm $40 *
Click here to register
Frequent Flyer Bonus: $35 if you register now for both hoopDANCE - The Next Steps & Double Trouble - Hooping with Twins with Katie Desmond ($70 total). Click here to register
Discover new ways to move your body and your hoop! Acquire ideas and techniques for creating a lively, fluid, beautiful hoopdance!
Taught by a dancer and choreographer who performs original hoopdance choreography (including for World Hoop Day 2010)
All levels are welcome – must be comfortable coordinating body movement while sustaining the hoop’s vibrant pulse. WHAT TO BRING:
- Learn to incorporate dance moves ranging from sensual to hip hop, and from fast and upbeat to slow and sultry
- Learn to weave tricks with dance moves for a dynamic and expressive hoopdance
- Rhythm in The Revolutions – Explore your natural rhythm and stylize your moves
- Flow – Discover techniques to end “static flow” and create fluid transitions
- Fun Stuff – Transitions, tricks, cool on- and off-body moves, and dance-inspired moves
- Hoop(s) – Whichever hoop(s) you use for hoopdancing
- Ballet Slippers or Bare Feet
$40 * Click here to register About Jeanne Lieder, Founder of Hoopmotion and Assistant Organizer of Hoop Dance DC!
Jeanne Lieder (aka “HoopFlair”) is a fitness professional, certified Hoopnotica Hoop Instructor, and dancer/choreographer trained in ballet, jazz and modern. In addition to business and dance degrees, she has training in kinesiology and Bartenieff Fundamentals which have been valuable in her understanding of expression through the body instrument. She currently teaches hoop fitness classes regionally and can be hired for privates, hoop parties, performances, and choreographing. Please visit www.hoopmotion.com
for more information about HoopFlair, or email her directly at [masked].