align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Hoop Dance DC! Message Board › DC events

DC events

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello!
I wish there were more DC based events. I am new to the group (and hooping) but since I don't own a car getting to VA or MD can often be a pain...I love hooping and would love to get better and have fun in a group but almost all events listed seem to be outside of the city:(
So, is there anything we can do? Are other hoopers interested?

Cheers!!!
Jelena
A former member
Hi Jelena - I'd love to try and get an ongoing DC hoop jam going. Any interest?

Granetta
Kim K.
KimKlyberg
Washington, DC
I am in the same situation, no car and live in DC so anything in town or metro accessible in the outer provinces would be great. I've checked out getting to Carver Rec in Arlington and it can be done via Pentagon City metro stop to a bus (I've looked walking from there but not sure if safe or roads, would require walking under 395).

Kim
Christine C.
CChoopsDC
Washington, DC
Post #: 3
yes yes! i would love to do a week night evening hoop jam "happy hour" now that the weather is good. It would be great if we could find a place where car parking isn't too difficult as well.
a couple of places that might be OK to either metro or park your car might be Pentagon city in the Virginia Highlands Park on Joyce Street 2 blocks from the metro -
Or maybe on the tidal basin side of the Mall west of Smithsonian - does anyone know if the tidal basin parking lot clears out a bit after 6 pm or so?

Emily
user 14986871
Washington, DC
HI All!

I'm a new member as well, also living in DC! I've been hooping for about a year and looking to do it more with others who also love it!
I'd love to partake in more local DC events, classes, and meetups!!!
I'll be on the look-out for hoop jams in the DC area.

Happy Hooping!! Can't wait to meet you guys!
Emily
Kim K.
KimKlyberg
Washington, DC
Post #: 2
yes yes! i would love to do a week night evening hoop jam "happy hour" now that the weather is good. It would be great if we could find a place where car parking isn't too difficult as well.
a couple of places that might be OK to either metro or park your car might be Pentagon city in the Virginia Highlands Park on Joyce Street 2 blocks from the metro -
Or maybe on the tidal basin side of the Mall west of Smithsonian - does anyone know if the tidal basin parking lot clears out a bit after 6 pm or so?

A weeknight "happy hour" would be fun (some hoop and then grab a drink some place). I'm not sure what time rush hr parking ends (I think 6:30?) but the Mall obviously would be accessible by Metro and bus (if you picked spot between 2 stops even better). Another suggestion is Yards Park (street parking there might be easier except on baseball game days?) http://www.yardspark....­

Kim
A former member
Post #: 3
Such a great idea!! =) Hoop Jam/Happy hour gets my vote. I work right at Pentagon City, so that would be more than perfect for me =P but I would be okay with driving a bit. If we do do a meetup in Pentagon city, the mall has a parking garage and after 6pm street parking is pretty open. Hope to hoop with yall soon! =)

Shelly