addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Hoop Dance DC! Message Board › Suggestions on purchasing a dance hula hoop

Suggestions on purchasing a dance hula hoop

Tay
user 8892355
Washington, DC
Post #: 2
First I must say, I'm brand new to hooping. Before doing any research I purchased a 4 lb. hoop. It's fine if I just want to stand in place and hoop, but I can't do any tricks because it's too heavy and obviously not designed for dance. So, I ask of you guys, what do you suggest? Any particular name brand to buy or avoid, a preface of collapsable or non-collapsable, what's a reasonable price? I've looked on line and and came across some really pretty, sparkly hoops love struck, but before investing $50 I decided to ask my new friends for help. Any details you are able to share are most appreciated.
Jeanne
user 10015898
Derwood, MD
Post #: 1
There are a number of hoopers in the area that make and sell hoops. I can make any size and weight hoop for you, beautifully decorated in your choice of colors, for $30, or a simpler one for $25. The typical exercise hoop is 40 to 44 inches outer diameter with a weight of 1.5 to 2 pounds. A combo exercise and performance hoop is about one pound. Send me a line if you are interested in buying a hoop!

Best wishes to you! Jeanne