align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Hoopnotica's New York Hula Hooping & Hoopdance Meetup Message Board › Hooping at NYC Rec Center on Thursdays!

Hooping at NYC Rec Center on Thursdays!

Kristin
user 8663730
New York, NY
Post #: 11
Tired of being stuck indoors while your hoop(s) collect dust?

Join me on Thursdays at the East 54th Street NYC Rec Center from 6:30pm-9pm in the gymnasium! It's $37.50 for a 6 month membership which is good at ANY NYC rec center and good for the entire center (pool included!).

If you do come, be sure to have a combo lock as well! They won't let you in without one! Bring your hoop, bring your workout clothes, and lets have some fun!

**This isn't a class, just a hoop jam**

On Thursdays the east 54th center has "Ladies' Night" in the gym where it is open for us to use as we like :-)

http://www.nycgovparks.org/facilities/recreationcenters/M130#facilities­

Recreation Center 54
348 East 54th Street
New York, NY 10022
Phone: (212) 754-5411 (212) 754-4277

Cross Streets: 1st & 2nd avenues
Directions:
Bus: M15 to East 54th Street and 2nd Avenue.

Subway:
#6 train to 51st Street station or E and V trains to 53rd Street station. #4 or #5 train northbound to 42nd Grand Central; transfer to the #6 to 51st Street. #4 or #5 train southbound to 59th Street; transfer to the #6 to 51st Street.

**I'll reply to this post if there won't be a jam due to weather conditions**

Picture from Last year...

A former member
Post #: 1
This really does sound like a great idea. There is a pool here too?

Celeste
Kristin
user 8663730
New York, NY
Post #: 12
Yep, they have a swimming pool too!
Cleo
user 9643742
New York, NY
Post #: 2
i can't beleive i missed out all winter! haha! i've just dusted off my hoop.