Fantasy/Sci Fi Book Club Message Board › Location Location Location

Location Location Location

Wild Guy from New ...
WildGuyfromNM
Spring, TX
Post #: 12
Everyone living on the west and southwest sides is kinda depressing, since I live in Spring. Anyone else having this problem?
Fran M.
user 39116562
Sugar Land, TX
Post #: 3
I do not really want to go to a bar .
Margaret M.
user 12766646
Houston, TX
Post #: 12
Maybe it would be neat to have the book club in one place that can accommodate a large group in a relatively calm atmosphere and also mix it up once a month or every couple of months with a separate social gathering at a different coffee shop, bowling alley, bar, wherever sounds fun that month. What does everyone think?
Fran M.
user 39116562
Sugar Land, TX
Post #: 4
Sounds good.

A former member
Post #: 3
Everyone living on the west and southwest sides is kinda depressing, since I live in Spring. Anyone else having this problem?
Yep, I live in LaPorte, way on the east side. When I moved out here, I just accepted that I would have to drive a bit to see friends, etc. It's the price I was willing to pay to live close to work.
Eddie
user 11267465
Houston, TX
Post #: 5
I like the idea of trying other social gatherings in addition to the book club meetings.
Balek
user 8468182
Houston, TX
Post #: 17
Me too - social stuff is fun. It might be discouraging at first for the organizers since people will show up or not based on geography (if previous experience has taught me well) ... so maybe we should rotate organizer along with venue for social events, so nobody gets burned out.
Margaret M.
user 12766646
Houston, TX
Post #: 14
I like the idea of rotating the organizer for social events. At the next meetup we can see who would be interested in going first.smile

Patrick
user 79629582
Stafford, TX
Post #: 1
My apartment complex has a meeting room that can be reserved. This room could easily accommodate 15-20 people. I would wonder if anyone else might have the same amenities. My apartment is out in Stafford though, so it might be quite the drive for some. Also, my complex has a theater room that can be reserved. I would have to do more research on both before officially offering them as solutions, but I wanted to suggest the idea.
Margaret M.
user 12766646
Houston, TX
Post #: 18
That sounds awesome!cool