Houston PHP Users Group Message Board › Junior PHP Web Developer Needed

Junior PHP Web Developer Needed

Hugh
user 11879081
Houston, TX
Post #: 1
We are a small Houston-based company looking for an individual starting out in his or her career in Web development. I am the lead developer for our main application and I have been given the opportunity to grow our development team by adding a junior technologist.

I like to use the word, "technologist," because the role will not be limited to writing code. Given our small size, there is ample opportunity to work on application performance, scaling and so forth. Also because of our small size, the opportunity to champion a new technology or design direction always exists. We are looking for an individual that will not just perform assigned tasks but will join in the process of keeping our application modern and highly customer needs-focused.

Among the skills and experience we are looking for:

• Object-oriented PHP
  • MySQL (other RDBMS experience can work as well)
  • JavaScript (with jQuery a plus)
  • Experience with version control systems (Git a plus)
  • Basic UNIX command line skills
  • A working knowledge of MVC

This position is largely a telecommuting position and is contract with the potential for contract-to-hire. Candidates must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.

If you are interested or know someone who might be, please send resumes to (address slightly obfuscated to discourage scrapers):

careers [at] schedule2drive [dot] com

Hugh Flynn