addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Houston PHP Users Group Message Board › Hello from your new meetup organizer

Hello from your new meetup organizer

A former member
Hi Everyone,

I want to introduce myself as the new organizer of the Houston PHP Users Group. I have been an avid PHP developer in the Houston area for over 6 years, and I am really looking forward to organizing the meetups for this group. I will have help from Damian OBrien as an assistant organizer -- he is a good friend and we have worked together for many years. We will do our best to keep you informed and bring an interesting line-up of topics for the meetings.

Right now, meetups are normally scheduled for the first Thursday of the month at 6:30 pm, so I would like to hear from you if this time is good or if you would like to suggest something different. I want to encourage everyone to send me suggestions for meetup topics, and we will also hold polls for topics from time to time. Also, we are looking into a new meetup location if necessary.

I want to thank Joao for all the work he has done in keeping this meetup going in the past. Good job!

Take care,
Johnathan Hebert
A former member
Post #: 15
Howdy Johnathan,
Good to have you with us. I've been a member for 3 years, though havent made it to a meetup in over a year, some of the reasons have been personal but some are not and i outline them below.

• It is hard to make it from the woodlands(or anywhere outside the city) by 6:30, on a weekday.
  • Many months are canceled so it does not normally get planned into my schedule.
  • Many topics are picked last minute and that makes it difficult to plan ahead as well.
  • I cant believe i missed Lerdorf, but the videos were great! I guess i missed the default meetup announcement. (too used to ignoring them.)

I wish you luck and all the best in re-invigorating the group!

Mikhail