Houston PHP Users Group Message Board › Some decent PHP and OOP books
|A former member||
In the last PHP Group meeting some interesting topics had been introduced regarding learning PHP and Object Oriented Programming. Following are four books I recommend if you interested in knowing more about PHP and OOP...
Object Oriented Analysis and Design With Applications by Grady Booch
- If you are learning OOP or just to brush up on certain OOP topics.
Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object Oriented Software by Gamma, Helm, Johnson, and Vlissides
- Authors are also known as Gang of Four.
- Using patterns in your OOP provides very clear and readable structure to your code
PHP Objects, Patterns, and Practice by Mat Zandstra
- Once you are familiar with OOP and Design Patterns, this book will help you applications that involve Web Services, Database connections, etc.
Wicked Cool PHP: Real-World Scripts That Solve Difficult Problems by William Steinmetz
- If you are new to PHP than this book is a must.
I prefer to get all my learning material from various websites and blogs, but every once in a while I like to get a book that I can refer back to. The four books mentioned above have been invaluable to me, hope they help you out aswell.
Edited by User 12,731,224 on Oct 11, 2010 5:15 PM