Gail I.
user 23826382
Houston, TX
Post #: 3
I am very new to WordPress. I would love the opportunity to learn from others. Are there any meetings planned in Houston?
Peter M E.
user 14640215
Sugar Land, TX
Hi Gail,
A real lame group I'm afraid. 400 members and only 9 past meetups in over 2 years.
A former member
Post #: 1
The organization was very 2011 active, but as time moved forward after the SWSX I believe finding a regular place to meet with minum cost became a challenage.
Shawn K. Q.
skquinn
Houston, TX
Post #: 8
Funny thing, I sent an email asking about this and have yet to receive a reply. If this was the issue, the organizers could have posted a message here saying so. Without communication, we have no way of knowing these things.

If that is the issue, does anyone have a venue they can offer up? Can't we even meet at the city/county libraries for a while until we have something better? I went to an event at the Looscan Branch of HPL and I think that would work nicely for our group.
Monica D.
user 4498099
Houston, TX
This group, as many Meetup groups, is mean to be a group effort. The organizers who have stepped up over the past few years have done a great job, when their time allows. We are all here to learn and share, and many of us are also involved in other activities, including full-time day jobs :-) We put a call out last year for anyone interested in serving as an organizer.

If anyone is interested in organizing a meetup, any member can do this.

We all share a love for WordPress and for Houston. Look forward to seeing new meetups in 2013.

Thanks,

Monica
Shawn K. Q.
skquinn
Houston, TX
Post #: 9
Regarding the call for organizers, was that here on this discussion forum? If so, I can't find it, searching back to December 2011; what was the subject line of the post?

I am aware people have other commitments (I do as well), and did not mean to imply otherwise. Not sure if this was directed at me or not.
A former member
Post #: 4
We can meet even at Cafe Express.
Paula
user 7817160
Houston, TX
Post #: 5
Let's do it. I'm all in.
Boaz A.
user 9994290
Houston, TX
Many supermarkets have meeting rooms for community use, free of charge.
A former member
But we may all be at different levels. How can we structure the meeting so that we can learn something. I suggest we have an agenda or topic for each meeting. I am willing to coordinate and plan. Maybe we can ask for a speaker that has some knowledge and he/she can speak for 30 minutes and answer questions for 30 minutes. We can even ask for donations at whatever everyone wants to pitch in depending on what we got out of it, the donation being completely optional. I have a projector and screen we can use.