Dorian S.
DMSpeed
Missouri City, TX
Post #: 2
I'm in SW Houston and would describe myself as a WordPress designer, not developer - hoping this is code for "a decent amount of experience but by no means an expert." I'd be willing to facilitate a discussion or try to arrange a speaker. I can't meet on most weekends but an evening during the week would usually be fine. The meetups I attended last year were at Taft Street Coffee.
Boaz A.
user 9994290
Houston, TX
Post #: 7
Feb 2nd (Saturday) or Feb 9th (Saturday) is good for me.
An evening is Ok after 06:00 pm or 06:30pm
Galleria area, I10 Beltway 8
Rick A.
texbiker
Kingwood, TX
Post #: 14
I would suggest that somebody request to be an assistant organizer for this meetup. That will allow them to create meetups.

Week nights are generally okay. I am in Kingwood.
Claudia Ivonne F.
ClaudiaFranco
Missouri City, TX
Post #: 8
I will message the organizer and ask for assistant organizer status to be able to schedule meetings. Let's schedule something during the week around 630pm for an hour or so next week. How about wednesday? I'll come up with an agenda by sunday. I'll also see if I can make some polls.

Please reply to this post on here:
1. What you would like to learn (be very specific:ie I want to add a Facebook follow button OR I want to change the font on my CSS OR I want to learn about new plugins or widgets).
2. What area of town can you meet?
3. What day and time is good for you
4. What wordpress level do you consider yourself. Beginner, intermediate, advanced

Claudia
Shawn K. Q.
skquinn
Houston, TX
Post #: 10
I would suggest that somebody request to be an assistant organizer for this meetup. That will allow them to create meetups.

Week nights are generally okay. I am in Kingwood.

I am definitely interested in being an assistant organizer; however, for the next couple of weeks I have more pressing matters to attend to (moving). My last email to the existing organizers has yet to receive a reply, so I am hesitant to send another.
Boaz A.
user 9994290
Houston, TX
Post #: 8
Post reply:
1. What you would like to learn (be very specific:ie I want to add a Facebook follow button OR I want to change the font on my CSS OR I want to learn about new plugins or widgets).
Breaking apart templates, learning about new and useful plugins, shopping carts (configuring)

Galleria, I10 - Beltway 8

Mon, Tue, Wed
06:30pm

4. What wordpress level do you consider yourself. Beginner, intermediate, advanced
Beginner
Rick A.
texbiker
Kingwood, TX
Post #: 15
1. How other people are using WordPress, learning about plugins, understanding templates.
2. I am open but prefer something central.
3. Tue, Wed, Thur. 6:30 PM
4. intermediate
David L.
PoiemaDesign
Houston, TX
Post #: 1
1. Implementing ecommerce and working with child themes
2. Ideally, meet either on the west site - I am almost in Katy - or near Beltway 8 and I-10.
3. Meet Monday or Tuesday evenings around 7:00.
4. Intermediate Level

A former member
Post #: 3
Please reply to this post on here:
I am very new to WordPress, have a blog, and I need lots of help. I would like to learn about plugins, widgets, font, and especially how not to get so much spasm. I would also like to learn how to get my blog seen by others.
I live in the SW, but am willing to travel within reason.
Any evening would be okay and I'm also available on Saturday.
Definitely a beginner.

BTW, I REALLY appreciate so many people who are willing to help others navigate this process.
Chris O.
Chris_Olbekson
Houston, TX
Post #: 2
Just wanted to add a note. I was invited to the WordPress community summit this year and one of the areas we worked on was improving Meetups and WordCamps. There is now an official resource for meet up organizers and WordCamp organizers on the make.wordpress.org blog: http://make.wordpress...­

Also the WordPress foundation is now covering all costs associated with WordPress Meetup groups. To get these benefits the group organizers have to opt in via an email that was sent out this week explaining the new official parent WordPress Meetup group.