addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Houston WordPress Meetup Group Message Board The Houston WordPress Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Another suggestion for a meetup topic

Another suggestion for a meetup topic

Terri H.
user 13268366
Houston, TX
Post #: 3
This is something I hear frequently from clients and prospects.

"Oh, this site will require a custom solution. Sorry Terri, I don't think WordPress will be able to handle it." I need something more than, "No, that's not true! Give it a chance!" as a response. (Ok, obviously I say more than that....but you get my point).

Can we look at different WP sites that range from blogs to "fully designed" consumer-oriented sites to complex ecommerce sites. Then maybe discuss how they were executed, what plugins were used, how they got around any limitations or issues. We may only be able to handle one complex (in design and functionality). But I'm sure somebody in this group has a site that's a good candidate for this type of review/discussion.

It's tough to get people to see beyond WP as a blogging platform, even after you show them examples. They always have a perception burned into their minds.

Just a suggestion...
Rick A.
texbiker
Kingwood, TX
Post #: 2
I have had the same reaction from people I talk to. We could use some examples from the WordPress showcase.
Lester B.
LesterBuck
Houston, TX
Post #: 2
If we do these case studies, I would really, really like to have an idea of the cost of each solution. I'm sure the client would be rather more interested in the Wordpress option if we could quote them half price!