addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Houston WordPress Meetup Group Message Board The Houston WordPress Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Setting up a .org blog on an existing site

Setting up a .org blog on an existing site

A former member
Post #: 9
Ladies and gents,

I know someone who wants to set up a .org style blog as an extension to their existing site (ex. www.clientname.com/blog). If you have lots of expertise in this (for example, you make a living building entire Wordpress sites for clients), I'd like to hear from you. Here are some of their specifications-

Needs to be able to help us install the Wordpress for Microsoft Windows software on our webserver and customize it to our needs.

Will need a branded theme. Design of the theme within branded standards within branding standards will likely be your responsibility, depending on your expertise.

We need a feature that will update Facebook and Twitter when we post an article. We need to have the ability to select one/several/all of our various Facebook and Twitter accounts when posting.

We will want a plugin or two installed.

We already have experienced content creators, so we don't need bloggers- just someone to design and implement the blog.

Just reply to this discussion if you're interested. If you have links or an online portfolio where I can see some samples of your handiwork, that would be great, too.
Chen Sun, W.
user 4255377
Houston, TX
Post #: 46
I'm not qualified for this project.

But, isn't Wordpress for Windows's reputation bad? Wouldn't you run into future problems?

Why not simply use a Windows based blog?
A former member
Post #: 10
For better or worse, neither the server type nor selection of Wordpress are my decision to make in this case.
A former member
Post #: 3
Hal,

Is this a full IIS server platform?

If so, there is a package to install WordPress on IIS if anyone wants to tackle this.