addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Shawn K. Q.
skquinn
Houston, TX
Post #: 13

I missed this also because I don't use Facebook and refuse to. Keeping this new group on Facebook is going to limit it. If you need help on making this an official (not meetup.com but wordpress.org ) meet up group there are resources available at http://make.wordpress...­ You can also contact Andrea Middleton from the WordPress foundation about getting all expenses taken care of.

The meetup was added here but it was not announced because only the organizers can announce it to the rest of the group. The FB group exists to get around limitations in meetup.com as well as the limitations imposed by the inaction of the current organizers.

Does anyone know why Mr. Smith and Mr. Valdez have been MIA?

Also there is no reason why another WordPress meetup.com meetup group can't be started.

The traffic is to this group, and starting a second group will only fragment the community. This is bad.
Rick A.
texbiker
Kingwood, TX
Post #: 22
It looks like I will not be keeping up with this group any longer. I do not use Facebook.
Gail I.
user 23826382
Houston, TX
Post #: 10
Rick
I don't usually use Facebook either. But, sometimes I find it best to go with the flow in order to get what I need. Why are you so much against getting a FB account and looking at what the Wordpress group has to offer?
Shawn K. Q.
skquinn
Houston, TX
Post #: 14
It looks like I will not be keeping up with this group any longer. I do not use Facebook.

Hopefully the issues with the organizers not being active will be coming to a close soon. I have someone who I met at WordCamp Houston 2010 making contact with one of the organizers.

Right now, I no longer recognize Christopher Smith or Chris Valdez as leaders/representatives of the Houston WordPress community. If they want to sponsor the monthly fee that's fine, but as far as being visible leaders, they need to resign and pass the baton to someone else fit to lead. Hopefully, that's Claudia and/or David, who have resurrected a group that was doomed to collapse otherwise.
Rick A.
texbiker
Kingwood, TX
Post #: 23
Rick
I don't usually use Facebook either. But, sometimes I find it best to go with the flow in order to get what I need. Why are you so much against getting a FB account and looking at what the Wordpress group has to offer?
I do not use Facebook because it can be a big time sink. I maintain my web presence at my blogs.

On Facebook I would exclude anyone from my world just like I am excluded from the people in this group who communicate via Facebook. Maybe I am contrary.