The Houston Anime Meetup Group Message Board Anime › New Anime for 2013

New Anime for 2013

Catherine C.
HeartofthePack
Houston, TX
Post #: 61

Hataraku Maou-sama!: Has turned out to be one of my favorites so far. Good comedy, good pacing, defying the cookie cutter approach so far.

That is a good one, I absolutely love watching it. Something about Satan just having a normal human life...while having to deal with the Hero gunning for his head, is fun.
Jesse
Shishio
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
Post #: 1,751
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru" (AKA - "My Teen Romantic Love Comedy Snafu") is another surprise gem this season. A show with some subtle BL bits in it that I'm sure even Julian can approve of.

Also, is there a fetish that "Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge" isn't afraid to feature?
Kagayaki no G.
Hitodetsukai
Katy, TX
Post #: 964
I'm really only watching Code Valvrave SEED to see just how much material from other Sunrise shows they can jam into this one. I look forward to some giant robots being stolen soon. I'll rage quit as soon as they resurrect a clearly dead character that turns out to be a fan favorite.

I'm not saying Code Valvrave SEED is bad, it's just typical Sunrise. Which means that it'll probably be good, but not face-meltingly amazeballs.
James L.
user 13537441
Houston, TX
Post #: 23
Some people have asked about the Lucky Star spinoff. The full name is "Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku", or "The Miyakawa Family's Hunger". Each episode is under 5 minutes. The ending song is surprisingly good... if only they had the funds to actually finish it!
Catherine C.
HeartofthePack
Houston, TX
Post #: 71
Some people have asked about the Lucky Star spinoff. The full name is "Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku", or "The Miyakawa Family's Hunger". Each episode is under 5 minutes. The ending song is surprisingly good... if only they had the funds to actually finish it!

The spinoff is actually pretty good for a 5 min show. Its cute. And makes me chuckle.
Kegan P.
LockeNess
Katy, TX
Post #: 24
Jesse, not only is there not a single fettish that Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge isn't willing to feature, it's also trying to make everything they feature into a fettish!
Jesse
Shishio
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
Post #: 1,775
Jesse, not only is there not a single fettish that Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge isn't willing to feature, it's also trying to make everything they feature into a fettish!
Yeah that's what it appears to be doing. But I have to say that showing the asphyxiation fetish/hanging a person thing last ep started to get a little hard to watch at times.
Kegan P.
LockeNess
Katy, TX
Post #: 25
I have to admit, the fetish stuff was much easier to read over in the manga. But in the anime, it's right there, in your face, and really obvious, so it makes it a lot harder to WATCH the exact same story I've enjoyed reading XD
Kevin D.
ZERO
Pearland, TX
Post #: 190
so who has been watching valvrave its getting more interesting and darker
Antoan B.
Saito743
Houston, TX
Post #: 42
so who has been watching valvrave its getting more interesting and darker
I've actually been keeping up with it.