How to futbol:
1) Goals are about 7 feet apart.
2) Out of bounds are relative, if it isn't clearly kicked out or obviously, WAY out, play it!
3) During out of bounds, the ball is always thrown in. If the field is larger, we will allow "kick-ins".
4) No corner kicks, just goal kicks.
5) Play with mutual respect. No high kicks, no slide tackles, no yelling, etc. Be human! If someone is down, give the common courtesy to stop the ball play and check that they are ok.
6) Hand balls and foul balls are dropped and played from that spot.
7) Goalies need not use hands. The goals are small enough.
Also, bring BOTH a white and a dark shirt. Generally, if rain forecast is 20% or less, we're playing. If 30% or more, wait for email notification. If after rain, field can be muddy and slippery, and games can be cancelled for this reason.
Please consider contributing to soccer. We are currently seeking contributions in either cash or donations of:
Scrimmage vests http://www.amazon.com/Scrimmage-Vests-Pinnies-Soccer-Adult/dp/B002NA9RWC/ref=sr_1_5?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1340038002&sr=1-5&keywords=pinnies
Portable goals http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Soccer-Adjustable-Height-Width/dp/B00411151W/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1340038359&sr=8-16&keywords=soccer+goal
Will players volunteer to bring 1. water cooler, 2. ice, 3. cups, and note such below.
ALL PLAYERS MUST BE REGISTERED MEETUP MEMBERS. These soccer games are not for novices--you should already know how to play safely. If bringing guests, ask them to register.