How To Javascript (+HTML+CSS) Message Board › columns in html/css

columns in html/css

Matt C.
user 22908881
Rockville Centre, NY
Post #: 1
I am making my own website and I am trying to manipulate columns but whenever I add links to the left side, it forces the center down more. Is there a way to make these changes independent of each other?
Andrew D.
user 14050083
Jackson, MS
Post #: 1
When I'mtrying to add columns to site designs, I usually use a grid system like http://960.gs/... or http://www.gridsystem...­ but sometimes it's best to design your own grid from scratch.
Nickalf.....
MyHost
Wallington, NJ
Post #: 26
Have you tied the old tech of Tables ?

You can place them side by side..
Matt C.
user 22908881
Rockville Centre, NY
Post #: 2
Thanks for the suggestion Andrew, but im looking for more in the range of 2-3 columns as opposed to 12-16 columns. Any suggestions?
Matt C.
user 22908881
Rockville Centre, NY
Post #: 3
Thanks Nickalf, I have tried using the tables but it always seems to mess up the formatting. Download Ken contact if you are interested in taking a look. I want the word "link" to appear to the left of everything else. I'll take more of a look at that. Thanks.
Andrew D.
user 14050083
Jackson, MS
Post #: 2
Setting up 3 columns with a css grid framework is very easy because you have 12 columns available: set the container div to a 12 column width, and then set up three grid divs with a 4 column width, or if you'd prefer some asymmetry, the grid divs could be any combination of widths that add up to 12: for example, 5, 4, and 3.
Nickalf.....
MyHost
Wallington, NJ
Post #: 27
Hi Matt,
> I have tried using the tables but it always seems to mess up the formatting.
> I want the word "link" to appear to the left of everything else.

I took a look but don't see the word "link" on your page..

At any rate, following is an example of Table columns and then CSS columns similar to what Andrew was saying
( Hi Andrew - Thanks for the drink last night and I made the Train with three minutes to spare ) tongue

MyHost.org/ShowMe/?Columns.html

Copy the source code from after the <Body> TAG and you can place the <Style> code in the Header or the Body of your page.
If you prefer the less code of the Tables, just paste that into the Body of your page..

Nick...