addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

HTML5 Boston Message Board › Lesson 5: HTML5 Brunch Season 2

Lesson 5: HTML5 Brunch Season 2

Merlin C.
user 9013770
Boston, MA
Post #: 46

This space is reserved for updates and questions about Lesson 5 of the HTML5 Digital
Classroom
book being used in the ­HTML5 Brunch virtual self-study course.

Thanks,

Merlin Calo
Cap'n Brunch
Maureen C.
MaureenCiaccio
Marlborough, MA
Post #: 8
Maybe I missed an instruction in the textbook but, if not, here is a heads up. When I got to page 127 and clicked on the Home link in the browser, as advised, it was broken. I noticed, in the html, that the li href for home is "index" but my Home doc was still named "layoutwork". I saved it as index.html and the link to Home works now.
Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 349
Chapter 5 complete. Exercises can be found here.
Yes, the link to home must be changed from index.html to 05_layoutwork.html or whatever you named your file.
Bob H.
BobHickey
Dedham, MA
Post #: 24
Lesson 5 complete: http://bobhickey.host...­
Jeff G.
user 45401712
Richmond Hill, GA
Post #: 5
Did anyone else have a problem with item #8 in the "Enhancing Your CSS Navigation Bar" section? I added the "home" ID to the <body> tag, updated the <li> tag in the mainnav section accordingly with class="nav-home", and added a new CSS rule as follows (copied exactly):

body#home .nav-home {
background-color:#29336B
color:#F8F068;
display:block;
}

I saved the file, but it doesn't change the page whatsoever. I've been over it and over it, and have tweaked the rule, thinking there was a typo in the Kindle version of the book, but to no avail. I'm using the most recent version of Chrome, and tried it on the most recent version of Firefox and Safari as well. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated - I'm sure it's something really minor somewhere.
Maureen C.
MaureenCiaccio
Marlborough, MA
Post #: 9
Hi Jeff,
It could be as simple as adding a semi-colon after the color name. I would try that first, before anything else.
Jeff G.
user 45401712
Richmond Hill, GA
Post #: 6
Ah, sharp eyes, Maureen! That was exactly it. I thought I was going crazy, but I guess I need to pay more attention to the details. Thanks so much!
Maureen C.
MaureenCiaccio
Marlborough, MA
Post #: 10
You're welcome Jeff. That has happened to me so many times, I know the frustrationsmile.
Maureen C.
MaureenCiaccio
Marlborough, MA
Post #: 11
Here is lesson 5 http://www.mciaclesso...­
Also, if you link to lesson four again it is now correct. I had thought it was complete but it wasn't.
Jeff G.
user 45401712
Richmond Hill, GA
Post #: 7
I forgot to post my completed Lesson 5 link...here it is: html5jsg.appspot.com­