Join the HOC's book group at our new home in the Secular Hub! Our November discussion is on the topic of Humanist Communities. The discussion will be based on a series of articles in the October/November 2013 issue of Free Inquiry magazine under the title, "Religious Humanism: Is It Dead, Alive, or Bifurcating?" (pp. 18-44). Three of the articles are available online. If you would like to read the whole series, you can obtain a copy of the magazine at many bookstores and libraries.
The list of articles with links (as available):
• "Introduction" by Tom Flynn
• "The Godless Congregation: An Idea Whose Time Has Come" by James Croft and Greg Epstein
• "F. C. S. Schiller’s Idealistic Humanism and Personalism" by Hugh P. McDonald (available only in print or by subscription)
• "John Dewey and the Fighting 'Faith' of Humanism" by John Shook (available only in print or by subscription)
• "Religious Humanism Today" by William R. Murry (available only in print or by subscription)
• "Congregational Humanism: Throwing Out the Bad and Keeping the Good" by Jennifer Kalmanson
Drinks and snacks will be available for purchase at the Secular Hub. Hope to see you there!