Humanists of Colorado Message Board › Denver senior visitation volunteer opportunity?

Denver senior visitation volunteer opportunity?

Felicia D.
user 24810032
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
Happy New Year!

Does anyone work in a Denver nursing home/assisted living/home health care agency or know someone who does? I am interested in a weekly volunteer opportunity to visit with a senior(s) who prefers non-religious companionship.

Reaching out to fellow freethinkers seems like a good place to start. Don’t hesitate to share any ideas you may have for making a productive in-road, or utilizing one that already exists, with such an organization. I am also open to not going through an agency if you simply know of a senior in need within a reasonable distance of my University of Denver neighborhood.

It is not my desire to “proselytize” a captive population. After some preliminary research, the activity calendars of such facilities in my neighborhood offer various religious/chaplaincy services, so I am curious if an alternative is or could be made available.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Ron
user 11791354
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
I worked in nursing homes until recently. Most of them encourage volunteers. Tell me if I can help more.
Ron