addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Humanists of Colorado Message Board › Foreclosure Due Process Initiative

Foreclosure Due Process Initiative

Jeanette M. N.
wickedatheist
Denver, CO
Post #: 3,960
I'm going to be circulating the petition for the ballot initiative that if passed into law would require evidence to be filed to sufficiently establish a party's right to foreclose on property before doing so.

Here's an article about banks' opposition to this initiative: http://www.denverpost...­

I will be bringing my petitions to the picnic, as well as future events if the petition goes on, so don't be surprised if I ask if you're registered to vote in Colorado, and if you would like to sign the petition. (I may also be circulating other petitions later on, depending on how this goes.)

If you know of any other well-attended gatherings where there are likely to be a lot of supporters of this initiative, you may contact me through Meetup.

If this petition keeps going, during the weekends I'll visit some of the big local fairs and festivals. But my only plan for the week is standing around outside supermarkets, so if you have a much better idea for how I can use my weekdays, do share.

This week is a trial period for the petition. If we get enough signatures that it appears the issue could get on the ballot based on projections, then it will continue on. But if we are unable to collect enough signatures, the issue may be dropped.
Jeanette M. N.
wickedatheist
Denver, CO
Post #: 3,961
Here's some more info about the initiative: http://www.denverpost...­