Humanists of Colorado Message Board › Updated HOC Message Board guidelines
The Humanists of Colorado (HOC) Meetup message board is a forum for discussing topics of interest to Secular Humanists, Atheists, Freethinkers,
Skeptics, Secularists and others interested in related philosophies. All responsible viewpoints are welcome, especially those pertaining to topics
relating to HOC programs. The HOC endeavors to invite speakers who will expound upon topics of interest to Humanists.
1. The Humanists of Colorado forum is first of all a means to invite new members to the HOC meetings, and secondary, for discussion of all topics of interest to Secular Humanists, Atheists, Freethinkers, Skeptics, etc.
2. Please be inclusive and tolerant. Treat all opinions in a professional and objective manner. It is preferable to avoid making participants and readers feel like outsiders by berating their opinions.
3. If you disagree with statements in the messages, then address your arguments towards the position, not the person. Resorting to ad-hominem is inappropriate.
4. Do not allow yourself to be drawn into petty arguments or name calling. Instead, remind them of these rules. If they persist, report them to the President of the HOC.
5. If your post is not a positive contribution that an intelligent reader will appreciate as a topic with Humanistic interest, then re-think it and re-write it, for otherwise it may not be appropriate.
6. Please do not repeat yourself. If you've made your point once, there's no need to repeat it. Let others express their opinions as well.
7. If a thread goes off-topic, please start a new thread. The organizer may close out old threads that have wandered too far off-topic.
8. Keep your signature to a minimum. Delete redundant footers and extra stuff to keep it lean.
9. Feel free to kindly remind each other of these rules whenever necessary. It's fairly self-managing, though the President of the HOC may called upon to intervene if necessary to restore order.
10. Notify an organizer of anyone who habitually violates these rules or makes a flagrant violation. If the organizer receives enough complaints about you, then further action may be neccessary.
11. If you find the Humanists of Colorado (HOC) Meetup Forums useful, then please attend our monthly meeting and related events, and be sure to invite others to join in as well.
And lastly, thank you all in advance for your participation in discussions and attendance at the HOC meetings.