Announcing a new Meetup for Humanists of Minnesota!What
: Final Freethought Picnic of the Summer!When
: Sunday, August 15,[masked]:00 PMWhere
: Columbia Park
Minneapolis, MN 55418
Our annual tri-fecta of Freethought Summer Picnics completes! This one hosted by Minnesota Atheists!
We meet at the shelter on the hill, but there is a play area for kids and fields for active games (so bring your frisbees, bocci balls, etc. ) If you play an instrument, bring for an informal jam session. Or bring a game board to play.
Bring a dish to share (there is electricity if you want to make it hot! and a sink to clean up.) Also don't forget to bring your own plates, drinks and utensils. Plenty of picnic tables to eat at and talk.
The shelter is reserved at 9 am so come early if you want. Stay 'till 3 or possibly later (depends on how people feel!)
COLUMBIA PARK is located in northeast Minneapolis.
- Take Central Ave NE (MN Hwy. 65) to Columbia Pkwy. (Between 36th Ave. and 37th Ave.)
- Turn west onto Columbia Pkwy.
- Proceed along Columbia Pkwy. (0.35 miles).
- After you go under the railroad bridge, you will see the park on your left.
- Take the first left onto the service road (you will see a sign for ?800 Columbia Blvd.?). Proceed to the second parking lot on your left (0.2 miles). (You should see us by the shelter on the hill!)
RSVP to this Meetup:http://www.meetup.com/humanism-166/calendar/14280246/