addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Humanists of Minnesota Message Board › Humanist Solstice Songs

Humanist Solstice Songs

Andre G.
aguirard
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 421
I see we have a musical performance scheduled for the winter solstice banquet. This inspired me to write a blog entry about appropriate material for such a concert. Perhaps people have other suggestions -- or would like to write lyrics for my titles. Like "Think Critically, Merry Gentlemen" or "Rudolph, the Endangered Arctic Reindeer".

Nathan C.
user 3240588
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 7
How about 'Frosty - the Slushman'?
Andre G.
aguirard
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 422
I don't want to hit too hard on the climate change angle...
Rebecca
Leaves.Dance.
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 1
Cute drawing!

How about: Reason We Have Heard on High

Nitpit, because of the comma in the original - God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen - and because I feel like being inclusive, I suggest instead: Think Critically, Good Gentle Folk

This got me curious and there's some interesting talk out there on secular and humanist carols--very cool!
Nathan C.
user 3240588
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 8
OK, How about ' No El, there's No El'