, January 18
Balboa Park Club
2144 Pan American Rd W
San Diego, CA 92101
The Assembly will be filled with readings and songs, designed to inspire and connect. Our featured speaker, writer and journalist Dan Arel, will be exploring the intrinsic human drive to be good and our guest band, Mulligan, will provide the backing music so we can all sing along together in perfect (or not-so-perfect) harmony. Kids are welcome, and Sunday Assembly San Diego is always free for everyone to attend!
Our wonderful volunteer and Director of Kids Programming, Amanda Truesdale (Mother of 2 children - 9 years and 6 years, credentialed teacher for 10 years, and CPR Certified) along with a Sitter City certified babysitter will be available to watch your kids during the Assembly (ages 4 and up only please). If you are interested, please reply to this email with the number of kids and their ages so we can plan accordingly. We also ask that you arrive early to sign a waiver so that when it's time to have the kids join Amanda (about 15 minutes after the Assembly starts), you won't have to worry about missing any of the event. There will be crafts, books, and games to entertain the kids. We will also have a questionnaire for parents to fill out - whether you brought kids or not - so we can tailor the kids programming in the future to your wants/needs. Special thanks to the Humanist Fellowship of San Diego for donating the funds to hire the babysitter.
Bring Your Underwear!
No, this isn't like your mom telling you to remember things you already know about dressing yourself. For this month's philanthropy event, we're collecting underwear and hygiene items for San Diegans in need. For more details check it out here: http://www.sundayassemblysandiego.org/underwear_drive
The Public Charter
The Sunday Assembly is a godless congregation that celebrate life. Our motto: live better, help often, wonder more. Our mission: to help everyone find and fulfill their full potential. Our vision: a godless congregation in every town, city and village that wants one.
We are here for everyone who wants to:
Live Better. We aim to provide inspiring, thought-provoking and practical ideas that help people to live the lives they want to lead and be the people they want to be
Help Often. Assemblies are communities of action building lives of purpose, encouraging us all to help anyone who needs it to support each other
Wonder More. Hearing talks, singing as one, listening to readings and even playing games helps us to connect with each other and the awesome world we live in.
The Sunday Assembly
- Is 100% celebration of life. We are born from nothing and go to nothing. Let’s enjoy it together.
- Has no doctrine. We have no set texts so we can make use of wisdom from all sources.
- Has no deity. We don’t do supernatural but we also won’t tell you you’re wrong if you do.
- Is radically inclusive. Everyone is welcome, regardless of their beliefs – this is a place of love that is open and accepting.
- Is free to attend, not-for-profit and volunteer run. We ask for donations to cover our costs and support our community work.
- Has a community mission. Through our Action Heroes (you!), we will be a force for good.
- Is independent. We do not accept sponsorship or promote outside businesses, organisations or services
- Is here to stay. With your involvement, The Sunday Assembly will make the world a better place
- We won’t won’t tell you how to live, but will try to help you do it as well as you can
- And remember point 1… The Sunday Assembly is a celebration of the one life we know we have