Humanist Association of San Diego's Meetup Group Message Board › Linda Patterson's interview is rebroadcast "The Bible and Homosexuality

Linda Patterson's interview is rebroadcast "The Bible and Homosexuality"

A former member
Post #: 3
Linda Patterson, author of "Hate Thy Neighbor: How the Bible is Misused to condemn Homosexuality" is in the featured archive of KPBS. Her interview can be found here: http://www.kpbs.org/n...­
A former member
Post #: 1
I listened to the entire interview. The author of the book, she is very intelligent and well-spoken.

I think there needs to be more studies from psychologists and possibly even scientists regarding the effects of "condemnation" or "severe negative judgement" of others. I know when I was working with a business coach whom was also a biologist she often would teach me and advise me on negative thinking patterns such as resentment and constant anger does have very adverse affects on the human body physically. It takes a lot of energy to project negative judgements onto others, not only is it harmful to to target of the negative judgements but it also is harmful for the individual who is always holding anger and resentment towards others (judging people for who they are).

Such a waste of energy and unnecesary use of the mind to be always walking around and judging people for who they are.

Thanks for posting the link, I thought the interview was very good.