addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Humanist Fellowship of San Diego Message Board › Great article on a former nun turned atheist/humanist!

Great article on a former nun turned atheist/humanist!

Wilfredo P.
user 11974495
Chula Vista, CA
Post #: 98
I really liked these paragraphs:

A moment 63 years ago has stayed with Murad. .."I was 10 and sitting on my bed, and my mom was doing my hair, and out of nowhere, she said to me, 'You know, I really admire those atheist people. They can be kind people just for the sake of being good. Their kindness has nothing to do with going to heaven or being religious,'" Murad said. "That, what she said, stuck with me all my life."

"At that point, I kind of had my own homemade God, and I'd talk to him from time to time," Murad said. "But it didn't take too long to realize I was just talking to myself. And then I just didn't want anything to do with religion at all."

"He told me Humanism was just about doing good things for other people because it's the right thing to do," Murad said. "It had nothing to do with religion. You just care for animals, the planet, and all life. And I said, 'I guess I've been a Humanist all my life and never knew it."[
/color]

http://www.tcpalm.com...­