Humanist Fellowship of San Diego Message Board › Indiana GOP wants to mandate Lord’s Prayer in public schools

Indiana GOP wants to mandate Lord’s Prayer in public schools

Wilfredo Perez
user 11974495
Chula Vista, CA
Post #: 121
It amazes me that we are still continuing to fight these battles and that many conservatives have NO CLUE about what the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment means. I like these two reader comments:

Talking about loving American and the Constitution, always try to pass bills that clearly go against the constitution. Conservative hypocrisy at its finest.

What's amazing is that this Joseph McCarthy wanna-be is the *CHAIRMAN* of his state's Senate EDUCATION Committee. And last year Kruse pushed for legislation to teach creationism in science classes. Got to ask: Why are these GOP folks so god-damn back-woods ignorant?

And I like this sentence in the article:

And of course, atheists, agnostics and other freethinkers reject the notion that the development of good character, or becoming a good citizen, is in anyway dependent upon paying lip service to some religious superstition.

http://www.examiner.c...­