addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Humanist Fellowship of San Diego Message Board › Saudi Arabia beheads 17-year-old maid; justifies execution

Saudi Arabia beheads 17-year-old maid; justifies execution

Wilfredo P.
user 11974495
Chula Vista, CA
Post #: 123

I just laugh at anyone who believes G.W. Bush's contention that we are "spreading freedom and democracy in the Middle East." If we really wanted to do that, the first thing we would do is invade Saudi Arabia and overthrow its brutal, dictatorial government.

Note:

Human rights groups said Nafeek did not have access to a lawyer during her pretrial interrogation, during which she said she was assaulted and forced to sign a confession under duress. Philip Luther, director of Amnesty International's Middle East and North Africa program, said last week that the case shows the Saudis are "woefully out of step ... with their international obligations regarding the use of the death penalty."

Unfortunately, our government is not going to condemn Saudi Arabia like it deserves to be condemned because we rely on its oil. I hope we develop a substitute for oil in my lifetime because frankly, I am sick and tired of our country capitulating to these barbarians.

http://www.cnn.com/20...­