Humanist Fellowship of San Diego Message Board › 'The Woman's Role Is To Nurture. We Get To Put on the Dresses.'

'The Woman's Role Is To Nurture. We Get To Put on the Dresses.'

Wilfredo P.
user 11974495
Chula Vista, CA
Post #: 229
This video requires no comment. It speaks for itself.

http://news.yahoo.com...­
A former member
Post #: 114
I'll play the devil's advocate: If taken at her word, she seems extremely content with her view of the "divine plan". Does this lady's personal happiness (and possibly millions of other religious men and women) count for anything? Otherwise, what is the meaning (or value) of life if one cannot find happiness?
Wilfredo P.
user 11974495
Chula Vista, CA
Post #: 231
I have no doubt these women are content and very happy, Mike. But I would argue that they are happy because they are blissfully ignorant--much as you probably were when you were an Evangelical Christian. If they read the Bible and some good history books with a critical mind, they would know that Christianity has a long record of oppressing women. And they would realize that MEN wrote the rules of religion in part to keep women in their place. It's no coincidence that the top positions in religious organizations are most often held by men and that women are often barred from these positions.