Please join us for the SOUTH BAY RAW Monthly raw food potluck.
This month, let's focus on ....
Our monthly gathering is a time to meet fellow South Bay raw foodies, to help and support each other get started or stay on the path to a raw vegan lifestyle. We always have interesting demos, conversations. We all learn from each other.
BRING A DISH TO SHARE:
- Please bring a raw vegan dish that can serve 4 to 6 people.
- Please bring a list of the ingredients to put along side your dish. This list can also include any info that describes the name of the dish & its ingredients. Fyi - I have name plates that hold a paper size of 5 inches wide and 1.5 inches deep. ....and have paper, too.
- We encourage you to get creative, make your own, a favorite dish from your favorite raw cook book, or blogger, or other. Feel free to write the group for ideas.
- Food guidelines/ingredients:
- Some processed foods are okay, yet keep them to a minimum - like canned coconut milk, maple syrup, brown sugars.
- Agave-free is best.
- No white sugar.
- Seasonal, local, organic, sustainable, biodynamic, fair trade is best.
- If you have questions, just send me an email, or post it on the groups message board.
- If you are new to raw food -and want/need to keep it simple- you can bring fruits, cut veggies or a simple salad w/a raw dressing.
I will put out a 'donation jar' to help pay for the monthly MeetUp fee, this donation is optional and the amount you put in is totally up to you.
1:15pm: Circle - Introductions (you/your dish, the ingredients)... welcome newcomers.
1:30pm: Eat, drink, be merry.
2:30pm: Circle - comments, sharing, kudos on the food and drinks.
3pm: Goodbye hugs
We'll celebrate all the creations (both food and drink), and will give a special nod to:
- the dish/drink that exceeds in flavor, texture and/or looks
- the dish/drink that exceeds in creativity (feel free to bring props, b/c creativity includes flavor, the process and the presentation)
- the person who stretched the most (we'll give a bow to the one(s) who went waaay outside their comfort zone)
- the most s i m p l e, yet tasty and creative dish/drink (this could be a single food item that came from your backyard)
- the dish/drink that falls under the 'difficult' category (qualifiers for this category are too toooo many to name)
- the dish/drink that falls under the 'most outrageous' category (qualifiers for this category are unknown to name)
- the dish/drink that _______. I'm sure - at the table - we'll come up with more special nods.
Joni Sare, SBR's organizer, will host this event.
At the Lumina House, Poppy Drive, Cupertino, 95014
Phone number is[masked]-joni 
From i-280, exit at Foothill/Grant, take Foothill Blvd, take 3rd RIGHT onto Poppy Drive, house is on the LEFT at the top of the short hill.
Poppy Drive is a court with quite a few parking places. The driveway, room for 6 cars, is open for those who are walking challenged/handicapped. Call ahead of time and I'll put an orange cone out to mark your spot.
Additional parking: Park along Foothill Blvd on the northbound side of the road. And, park on Salem Ave, which is one block from Poppy Drive.
Need more info? Call me, Joni Sare, your host:[masked]-joni 
JoniSare at gmail dot com