The Hungry Hundred Book Club Message Board › Receive a free book for your participation!

Receive a free book for your participation!

Rachel
user 12123287
Group Organizer
Singapore, SG
Hi, Hungry Readers!

Have you ever read one of the book reviews that are posted on the site and thought, "I'd like to try to write something like that."  Or have you ever been inspired by a book to try your own hand at creative writing?  Sure, we had to write book reports for school assignments, and at most you were rewarded with a sufficient grade.  But here's your chance to get something more tangible- A free book!

Here's the deal: You write something based on the featured HHBC book of the month.  It can be anything that has something to do with the book; a review, a poem, an essay, a continuation of the story, a character sketch, a letter... use your creativity and writing skills (or if you're that good- writing skillz) and send it to me.  For example, for this month's read, In Cold Blood, you could write a newspaper article about the murders, a diary of one of the characters, or just put in your own two cents about the events that happened or the way the book was written.  It could even be a piece about the discussion itself.  There is no minimum or maximum word limit.

In return for contributing to this creative component of the book club, each month up to three participants will receive a free book.  While I can't say now exactly which books these will be, I can assure you that they will be best sellers of some kind, not some obscure title that- probably for good reason- no one has ever heard of.  I'll post the books up for grabs on the facebook page as soon as I have them.

This will be an ongoing, monthly opportunity, so as you're reading the next book, keep that file folder of ideas in the back of your mind open.  For February's book In Cold Blood, the deadline for any submissions will be 10 March, but you can send them to me via email or post them onto the HHBC facebook page at any time before then.

And speaking of the facebook page, we have a new one!  The featured meetings are posted there so you can invite people who aren't on the meetup site.  The old group page will be closed down shortly, so please 'like' the new one.  https://www.facebook....­

I hope to see you soon at one of our meetings.  Happy reading!

Rachel