Discover the geological treasures of the American Southwest, exploring Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks over this extended weekend vacation. This will be an overall relax, slower-paced weekend focused on enjoy the moments (but long days to see both sun rises and sunsets).
• Fly into Las Vegas by 2pm on Friday
• Drive to Kolob Canyon by sunset and enjoy the views
• On Saturday morning, we will start at Sunrise Point before sun rise then hike the "figure-8" trail. Views are especially amazing early in the morning, when you can watch the changing light on the red rocks below. The "Figure-8" is a trail combination of Queens Garden loop (Navajo Loop) and Peekaboo loop trails (8.7 miles, elevation gain approx 2,270'). We will enjoy mesmerizing labyrinth of hoodoos, spires, fins and slots.
• On Saturday afternoon, we will go to various points on the Rim Trail to get a full perspective of Bryce. This is a walking path instead of a traditional hike.
• On Sunday, we will canyoneer (mostly dry expect one spot) in Yankee Doodle Canyon right outside of Zion. It is rated 3B I. This canyon is a short and sweet slot canyon located just outside of Zion National Park. The canyon is strikingly beautiful and photogenic. You will need full technical canyoneering gear.
• Monday morning we will drive back to Las Vegas.
TO PARTICIPATE, PUT YOURSELF ON THE WAITLIST, ANSWER THE RSVP QUESTIONS, AND I'LL GET IN TOUCH.
This is not a commercial or professionally guided event. No fee is charged. You participate at your own risk. See Disclaimer and Liability Release below.
Disclaimer and Liability Release: YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE!
This is not a guided or commercial event. No fees are charged. We are not guides, professional or otherwise. You are responsible for bringing appropriate gear, supplies, clothing, first aid, and lights. You should review topographic maps and trail features carefully; understanding topography of any hike is key to your knowing where you are, where you're going, and how to get back. See suggestions for GEAR on the "About" page for suggestions.
You alone are responsible for your own preparedness and well-being and will hold no one else liable in case of injury or mishap. You agree not to hold the Organizer, Assistant Organizers Event Hosts, or any other members responsible for any injuries, mishaps, or any other situation that may happen at a planned event, up to and including death. You are responsible to research the event, know the area, and bring the proper gear.
Your attendance on a hike signifies that you have read and accept the terms of this liability waiver. Full waiver can be found on the ABOUT page.