....clip his trail.
I've got to get "my" trail in shape before the June 30th reporting deadline.
It's arguably the nicest stretch of trail in the Park. Great views and a dramatic lunch spot.
First we'll hike about 40 minutes, then spend 2 or 3 hours clipping trail, then on to Lake Awosting for a long swim/snooze break.
Beer and victuals afterwards for those who want.
Have fun and feel like you are giving something back to the hiking community!
- We are meeting at the Park Office at the Peterskill Parking. You will have to sign a NYS volunteer agreement.
- Tell the guy at the gate that you are volunteering with the NYNJ Trail Conference for the day and the parking fee will be waived.
- Distance: about 8 - 9 miles total. Or shorten by returning on your own (easy to follow carriage roads.)
- Terrain a mix of hiking trail and carriage road. Not a lot of elevation change.
- No experience required. I'll supply the tools, but if you have a clipper or lopper, bring it. Gardening gloves and eye protection suggested.
- Bring a bicycle if you like and ride the carriage roads. You can still meet us on the hiking trails.
- Bring the usual for a summer hike: including lots of liquid, lunch/snacks, hat/sunscreen. If you are new to hiking, check out the About pages for more info.
- Please answer the RSVP questions
"The Fine Print" - MUST READ!
You are responsible for bringing appropriate gear, supplies, clothing, first aid, and lights. You should review topographic maps and trail features carefully; understanding topography of any hike is key to your knowing where you are, where you're going, and how to get back. See suggestions for GEAR on the "About" page for additional gear ideas.
You agree when you sign up for this group or any of the events that you have read and understand the below.
If you join us for a hike (or any other event), please understand that you are responsible for your own preparedness and well-being and will hold no one else liable in case of injury or mishap. You agree not to hold the Organizer, Assistant Organizers, or any other members responsible for any injuries, mishaps, or any other situation that may happen at a planned event. You are responsible to research the event, know the area, and bring the proper gear.
Your attendance on a hike signifies that you have read and accept the terms of this liability waiver. Full waiver can be found on the ABOUT page.