align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

i like Red and White wine Message Board › IMPORTANT: July Party and Upcoming Changes

IMPORTANT: July Party and Upcoming Changes

Daniel E
user 11765639
Chicago, IL
Fellow Wine Lovers,
Over the last several weeks and without much luck, I have been looking for a host for the July party. If you have an outdoor space and can host our July party please contact me ASAP at daniel.elacqua@gmail.com.
As many of you know, over the last 5 years our group has grown to over 625 members.   The parties have gone from a few friends meeting in bars and restaurants to large parties hosted in peoples homes.  It is truly exciting to see a group like our grow over time!
With larger parties come larger headaches. Hosts are becoming harder to find because of the space and money needs. If a potential host does have space, many times they do not want to pay for many of the expense that come with parties of our size.  Expenses may include; food, party room space rental, cleaning fees, wine cups, etc.   For this reason, we have decided to try something new.
At future parties there will be a donation basket with a $5 suggested donation.  Please note the word suggested - if you can't afford to donate, we understand and still want you as a member of the group. At the end of the night half of the donations will be provided to the host of the party.  The other half will go into a group fund to pay for group expenses such as meetup.com website hosting, space rentals, and holiday parties!
I hope you understand the need for this change in the group structure and hope to see you at our next party!
Thanks,
-Daniel