add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

You can organize this Meetup!

This Meetup no longer has an Organizer.
Without an Organizer, it will disappear from our website in 12 day(s).

You can join this Meetup and become the Organizer.

i like Red and White wine Message Board › IMPORTANT: July Party and Upcoming Changes

IMPORTANT: July Party and Upcoming Changes

Daniel E
user 11765639
Chicago, IL
Fellow Wine Lovers,
Over the last several weeks and without much luck, I have been looking for a host for the July party. If you have an outdoor space and can host our July party please contact me ASAP at
As many of you know, over the last 5 years our group has grown to over 625 members.   The parties have gone from a few friends meeting in bars and restaurants to large parties hosted in peoples homes.  It is truly exciting to see a group like our grow over time!
With larger parties come larger headaches. Hosts are becoming harder to find because of the space and money needs. If a potential host does have space, many times they do not want to pay for many of the expense that come with parties of our size.  Expenses may include; food, party room space rental, cleaning fees, wine cups, etc.   For this reason, we have decided to try something new.
At future parties there will be a donation basket with a $5 suggested donation.  Please note the word suggested - if you can't afford to donate, we understand and still want you as a member of the group. At the end of the night half of the donations will be provided to the host of the party.  The other half will go into a group fund to pay for group expenses such as website hosting, space rentals, and holiday parties!
I hope you understand the need for this change in the group structure and hope to see you at our next party!