Thomson Reuters is hiring a Mobile User Experience Design Principal in its San Francisco office, with flexibility for remote work.
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Mobile User Experience Design Principal is a visionary mobile product and service design leader. This position is responsible for leading the design of user experience excellence across all Thomson Reuters mobile products, services, programs, and platforms worldwide, through our various businesses. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of innovative user experiences across Thomson Reuters current and emerging mobile products, services, and platforms.
- Inspire and provide creative direction to designers working within the business units to deliver mobile products that are useful, easy-to-use, innovative, and efficiently built.
- Provide user experience design evaluations of early mobile design concepts as well as on-device prototypes, and report on design enhancements.
- Provide both design leadership and execution of Thomson Reuters most strategic, mobile products.
- Create and implement mobile and accessibility guidelines, templates, and pattern libraries.
- Partner with Head of Global Mobile User Experience in the creation and reporting of key user experience and design metrics.
- Successfully advocate customer-centered, context-aware, mobile design as key to Thomson Reuters competitive advantage.
- Demonstrate exemplary relationship building and cross-functional leadership
- Demonstrate adaptability to changing priorities driven by the speed of our innovative, fast-paced, information services industry.
- 6+ years of experience in User Experience Design or User Interface Design Management
- 2+ years experience designing and delivering mobile products and services
- Demonstrated expertise in wireframing, presentation and high-fidelity design tools such as Omnigraffle, Balsamik, Keynotopia, InDesign, Fireworks, and Photoshop.
- Deep knowledge of iOS, and other mobile technologies, as well as CSS3, HTML5, and responsive web design.
- Current knowledge of mobile design strategies and trends
- Proven ability to work with mobile developers and engineering to execute best design solutions within mobile technology constraints
- Demonstrated, customer-centric, creative leadership
- Strong verbal and written ability to communicate the value of mobile design to product, business, and technology leaders.
Degree in Human Factors Engineering, Computer Science, Product Design, or Visual Design (or equivalent experience)Apply Now!
To apply, email your resume and cover to Marine Leroux at firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply online at Thomson Reuters Career's site.BE PART OF THE THOMSON REUTERS MOBILE SUCCESS!
This summer 2012, the Mobile User Experience design team designed, built, and launched the Reuters Olympics London 2012
iPhone and iPad app before the Games started. The app was downloaded over 300,000 times in less than 3 weeks!