addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

San Francisco iOS Network Lounge Message Board › iPhone/iPad Programming For Beginners, Sat 1/19, Hyatt Place, Dublin, CA

iPhone/iPad Programming For Beginners, Sat 1/19, Hyatt Place, Dublin, CA

Asim J.
AsimJalis
San Ramon, CA
Post #: 27
I am teaching the course “iPhone/iPad Programming For Beginners” on Sat 1/19 from 9 AM to 4 PM, at Hyatt Place, Dublin, CA.

More details here http://iphoneprogramm...­ in case you’re interested.

Asim

iPhone/iPad Programming For Beginners

by Asim Jalis — Software Developer, Instructor at MetaProse.com

Do you have an iPhone/iPad app idea and want to build it?
Do you manage iPhone/iPad developers and want to track the work?
Do you want to learn how to program an iPhone/iPad?

This hands-on class will teach you how to create iPhone/iPad apps, by taking you step-by-step through the process. Through short lectures and hands-on exercises you will learn how to use Objective-C, Cocoa, and Xcode. Objective-C is Apple’s programming language for writing iPhone/iPad apps. Cocoa is a collection of pre-built components that you glue together using Objective-C to create rich apps without writing a lot of code. Xcode is the (free) program from Apple for designing, building and testing apps.

Prerequisites
No programming background required.
Must have own MacBook.

By End of Class
You will have created several iPhone/iPad apps.
You will know the basics of Objective-C.
You will know how to use Xcode.

Course Summary
Topic: iPhone/iPad Programming For Beginners
Date: Sat 01/19/2013
Time: 9 AM to 4 PM

How to Sign-Up
Sign-up at http://iphoneprogramm...­

About the Instructor
Asim Jalis is a software engineer who has worked at Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard and other companies for over 12 years. He has been developing iPhone apps since 2009. Asim has an MS in Computer Science from the University of Virginia.

Comments From Previous Students
“The teacher is wonderful and I’m learning so much, and having fun learning. Highly recommended!”—DB, San Francisco
“Asim showed me more useful stuff in an hour than I saw in four years of college.”—Ben Kovitz, software developer, San Francisco
“Thanks for a great class. I enjoyed the class and really like your teaching style. I’m looking forward to your future classes.”—BS, Livermore
“Hands on programming throughout the class helped understand subject better.”—SS, San Francisco