San Francisco iPhone Network Lounge Message Board › Flying Wisdom Studios seeks Game Designer
|A former member||
This position is a full-time or part-time, hourly contract position with the potential to ramp up into a permanent position.
Ideal candidates will have direct industry experience with mobile/social game design, and a working understanding of Freemium economies, cross-platform applications, social network integration, viral mechanics, analytics, and live tuning. We are seeking individuals with design experience for iPhone and/or Facebook, and with all genres, from physics to farming.
- Initial concept development -- developing and writing pitches.
- Writing full and complete Design Documents.
- Interacting with other development disciplines to iterate and progress design execution.
- Close out all design and tuning details all the way to submission.
- Work in close collaboration with others and also with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience with play tuning, controller and input systems, progression, difficulty ramping, and economy.
- Clear understanding of viral and social mechanics, and Freemium economy model.
- Excellent Communication Skills, Verbal and Written, are a must.
- High attention to detail, and desire to deliver high quality on all aspects of development.
About Flying Wisdom Studios
Flying Wisdom Studios makes games as a function of unparalleled innovation. Founded in 2008 by three successful industry veterans, development is driven by their exclusive collective insights into virality, social mechanics, and trans-media storytelling. FWS prides itself equally in the creation of independently developed intellectual property, and in the quality of the games they produce for well-known clients like National Geographic, Lady Gaga, George Romero, SGN, and ngmoco:). For more information on Flying Wisdom Studios, please visit them online at www.flyingwisdomstudios.com.
E-mail cover letter, resume, sample game design documents or other supporting materials, links to online portfolio (if available), and references to email@example.com. Include your name and “Game Designer” in the subject line.