|Sent on:||Friday, September 5, 2008 12:28 PM|
----- Original Message -----From: LauraSent: Thursday, September 04,[masked]:07 PMSubject: [ia-14] Director of User Research and Product Development-MId Town, Manhattan
My client is the biggest online newspaper site in the world. They are seeking a Director of User Research and Product Development (or as they're calling it, Product Development Research Director) who can serve as a strategic advisor, manage a small team and help create and codify formalized methodologies for user research and testing. The ideal candidate will need to have some experience with hiring, firing and performance reviews as well as being professionally mature. They must be able to speak to internal business clients in a consulting capacity and help their staff present user research and testing findings that offer insights and innovations for the wide variety of cross platform business units (product, web, functional, platform and more). Understanding and disseminating web analytics is also very important to this role. They will be the voice of authority on how user techniques will benefit my client. Competitive salary, bonus and pension plan accompanied by outstanding benefits round out one of the most exciting user research and testing positions I have had on my desk in quite some time! Come join the world most innovative online source for media!
A job description is below:
My client is one of the most innovative media companies in the world. Along with its 157-year history as the world's most influential newspaper, the company has created the world's #1 newspaper site and one of the fastest growing mobile news and information sites. We continue to create and launch new products every month?from new web sites, to integrated blog/news areas to new sections, new multi-media, and new ways for our users to interact with our content and each other.
We are looking for someone with deep experience in developing and deploying research to help develop media products for the web. This should include research to inform product strategy, shape prototypes, and evaluate the success of products once they are launched. The right candidate will have expertise in areas such as usability testing, qualitative and quantitative customer needs assessment, eyetracking, a/b testing, web analytics and survey evaluation. The candidate will also have experience leading a team, managing the priorities of internal clients, and a track record of successful application of customer insights to build better products.
About the Job
As Product Development Research Director, you will be expected to:
- Help internal clients, such as product managers, understand the role of research in the product development process
- Develop and advance our product research capabilities
- Consistently deliver actionable insights
- Manage a team and help them achieve excellence
- Build relationships internally and help negotiate complex tradeoffs in an environment where quality journalism is our primary mission
- Prioritize work flow and maximize output
- Work closely with web analytics staff to integrate product research and behavioral data
- Demonstrate leadership in appropriate industry meetings and conferences
- 5+ years experience applying research to product development; expertise in most product research disciplines
- 10+ overall experience in business or non-profit world
- Demonstrated ability to create insights that help make products successful
- Experience managing a team
- A passion for the web and an understanding of web analytics
- A passion for news and information
- A Master's degree in a related field is a plus
Unfortunately at this time relocation assistance is not being offered.
Interested parties will please submit a resume to this email address. Feel free to call or email should you have any questions.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Laura ([address removed]) from The New York City Information Architecture Meetup Group.
To learn more about Laura, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here
Meetup Support: [address removed]
632 Broadway, New York, NY 10012 USA
This email message originally included an attachment.