|Sent on:||Monday, February 9, 2009 12:10 PM|
----- Original Message -----From: LauraSent: Friday, January 30,[masked]:55 AMSubject: [ia-14] Job-freelance-Project Manager/Business Analyst-NYC
Happy Friday All!
My client has an urgent need for a contract Project Manager/Business Analyst who is an organizer, a confident communicator and an analytical thinker. Ideally you will have recent online publishing experience and as an additional plus it will be related to a free/premium content site. Sound like anyone you know?
About the projects
This is about a six month engagement for one person on two related projects:
1. Digital Design Framework (DDF)
We have ambitious plans to innovate and improve my clients main site. Though already a recognized source for global news analysis and opinion, we are ready to take it to the next level and create the best place for people to come together for intelligent discussion and debate. To get there, we need the right foundation and tools for our strategic product innovation and improvement program. The Design framework project team will be the keystone of the program, gathering many of the elements needed and creating the dynamic online space to store and update those items. We need a results-driven project manager to work with the product owner and help lead the team.
- A Digital Design Framework (DDF) - central, web-based portal for teams (internal and external) to access the latest guidelines and elements they might need to create or update a section of the site. The DDF will include among other elements:
- A consistent, more flexible base grid that allows for modular development
- A consistent, more readable typographical system (we are looking to engage an experienced online typographer to develop it)
- A defined, effective digital color palette (based on the brand color palette and the new Home page and debates, taking into account the user testing of those projects)
- A small set of basic page templates
- A set of functional modules that may be deployed across the site
- A set of simple, well-defined interaction flows for the most important user scenarios that will be applied consistently across the site
2. Content product life cycle
Part of our strategic product innovation and improvement program is a move to a new publishing platform, Drupal. An early key step in our platform migration is deciding what to keep, what to change and what to retire. We need an organized, critical thinker to analyze the information collected in a content audit, work with key subject matter experts, analyze web metrics on various areas of the site, and form proposals for the publisher to review. Tracking the decisions and working with various teams to communicate them will be vital to the success of the overall program.
Who is the ideal candidate?
We are looking for someone with both project management and business analysis experience. The work in these two projects is closely aligned, so ideally we will have one person working on both.
The ideal candidate would have experience
- Working at an online publisher with a variety of stakeholders (business management, editorial, customer experience, technology, operations, marketing); preferably in an environment with free and premium content
- Managing projects using both traditional and agile methods
- An appreciation of analytics and how it can be used to improve usability of online content (what is and is not popular with readers, what is hard to find)
In this position, you will contribute to both the design framework project and the content migration in the following ways
- Understand our strategic goals and culture
- Manage the communication of project progress to various stakeholders
For DDF project
- Work closely with the product owner to understand the benefits and goals of a design framework
- Act as advocate for the project; assist team by removing obstacles to progress
- Manage team meetings/daily scrums
For content product life cycle work
- Work closely with the publisher and program manager to understand the needs of the content migration work
- Analyze content audit work done to date and group content where logical
- Create proposals for content groups (eg, recreate in new platform as-is; combine with other content or otherwise modify; or retire and do not recreate in the new platform)
- Present proposals to the publisher
- Track decisions
- Create communications about decisions for stakeholders
Interested parties please submit a current resume to [address removed] for consideration. This position is urgent in nature and will be filled quickly!
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Laura ([address removed]) from The New York City Information Architecture Meetup Group.
To learn more about Laura, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here
Meetup Support: [address removed]
632 Broadway, New York, NY 10012 USA
This email message originally included an attachment.