|Sent on:||Sunday, April 18, 2010 3:33 PM|
Hi EVERYONE- it's an Awesome class. Work/Life balance is important! Check it out!(Anders, hope it's ok I share this with the group :)Meet new people, express yourself creatively, and do something relaxing and enjoyable mid-week.
Introduction to Singing Harmony & Solo -Learn & have fun!
Love to sing but have no formal training?
Used to sing in school, church, etc. and miss it?
Want to improve your speaking voice?
Want to impress your friends at karaoke?
Want to have fun trying something?
Want to meet new people?
If Yes, then this is for YOU!
The ability to match pitch (sing in tune or in key) is necessary to join this class.
What will you be doing?
- Breathing exercises, vocal warm-ups, posture awareness exercises and relaxation exercises as part of the class warm-ups
- Explore songs conducive to harmony singing as chosen by the instructor; class will learn the main melody of the song as a group and then class will be divided into separate groups of voices for harmony singing; process involves repetition.
- Sing in smaller groups of two or three in unison (same melody) for a more exposes vocal experience
- An introduction to singing solo
Why take this class?
- Do something fun and creative for yourself
- Meet people, socialize and network with people who have similar interests and love for music
- Explore singing in harmony with other people (two melodic lines simultaneously to create harmony)
- Expand on your skill of singing in unison (same melody) with other people by singing in smaller groups of two or three in unison
- Continued awareness of breathing, posture and diction
When: Wednesdays 7:00-9:00p.m.
Starting April 21st, 2010
4/21 Wednesday Lesson 1
4/28 Wednesday Lesson 2
5/05 Wednesday Lesson 3
5/12 Wednesday Lesson 4
5/19 Wednesday Lesson 5
5/26 Wednesday Lesson 6
Where: Midtown, NYC- details provided upon registration
Who: Class size limited to 10.
How to Register?
Register at http://www.lessons4fun.com
Also, check out our "Singing for Non-Singers" class for complete beginners!
"I LOVE this class! Instructor is incredible-great singer, encouraging, a pleasure all the way around!"
"I really enjoyed the class- It changed my life. Thanks so much. "
"I thought the class went at the perfect pace. I would describe it as a fun yet educational workshop."
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Nellz ([address removed]) from The New York City Information Architecture Meetup Group.
To learn more about Nellz, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]