The New York City Information Architecture Meetup Group Message Board › Need a UI Designer in NYC - Near Penn Station
New York, NY
We have a client in NYC who is looking for a UI Designer. This is a full time position with an exciting and growing company.
I have included the job description below.If you are interested in speaking about this opportunity please send me your resume along with a day time # where I may call you.
203-438-9777, ext 40 - M,Tu, Wed
508-309-4292 - Thur, Fri
The company has a robust system that includes content management, publishing, and performance reporting and user management. As a key company initiative, it requires constant exploration of new ideas and feature evolutions, and involves the design of compelling and highly usable interfaces.
The company is seeking User Interface (UI) Designers to craft interfaces with a modern style that implement the work of the Product Development team. These designers must know what the latest design trends are, and how to leverage them within our brand. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the principles and best practices of human interface design, but will also have the judgment and courage to go against convention when appropriate. Our UI Designers work closely with the User Experience designers and Engineering teams to ensure the designs they create are both practical and consistent through all phases of development.
• Advocate for simple and sleek graphic design.
• Advocate for design conventions.
• Leverage and improve an existing library of reusable UI elements to create full-page designs.
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously, requiring attention to detail and working within constrained timelines.
• Meet with UX Designers and the Engineering team to ensure that your designs are feasible and their implementations are accurate.
• Know when to defend design choices.
• Ability to find and reference other solutions you’ve seen before.
• Monitor all areas of the company Platform design to identify areas of success and those needing improvement.
• A portfolio demonstrating a deeply grounded background in modern interface design.
• Experience delivering UI artifacts, including: style and color guides; UI element library; organized, multi-layer PSDs of full-page designs.
• Experience working with business stakeholders and engineers.
• Experience working with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• A working knowledge of Semantic xHTML and limitations of CSS
The User Interface Designer is a member of the Product Development team, and reports to the Director of Product Development.
The Company offers compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including: health insurance, retirement plans, paid time off and participation in the company equity plan. All benefits listed are subject to change. The company is an equal opportunity employer.