The New York City Information Architecture Meetup Group Message Board › UX Architect for SaaS application: small team, big opportunity
New York, NY
Hi IA Meetup,
We're looking for a creative, dynamic UX Architect to guide the continuing evolution of our industry-leading SaaS event ticketing platform, OvationTix. We believe that a collaborative, iterative design process is essential for the development of quality software. The UX Architect will direct that process, integrating requirements from stakeholders outside and within the company in order to deliver a best-of-breed technology product.
General responsibilities will include:
• Shepherding projects from initial concept through requirements gathering, design, validation, and specification
• Developing and refining engaging interactive prototypes
• Interfacing with users and user-facing colleagues to identify requirements and opportunities
• Interfacing with engineers to verify quality standards throughout development, QA, and deployment
• Facilitating product rollout through educational materials, training, and evangelism
• Managing, prioritizing, and refining product backlog to balance scope and time-to-market for multiple concurrent initiatives
• Maintaining insight on the competitive landscape and identifying opportunities to improve internal tools and platforms
Required experience and knowledge
1. Minimum of 2 years experience as UX designer or Information Architect for user-facing Web sites
2. Minimum of 4 years experience in a Web technology environment
3. Demonstrated success in defining and launching excellent Web products
4. Facility to understand and articulate user needs, through both one-to-one personal communication and one-to-many analysis/education techniques
5. Ability to elegantly reconcile user requirements with technical/operational requirements
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
7. Proficiency in AxureRP a plus
8. Graphic design experience/training a plus
To apply: send resume and cover letter to jobs_s1***at***ovationtix.com -- in your cover letter, briefly describe your preferred tools/methods for prototyping and how those techniques help to create websites users love.
Thanks for applying!