addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The New York City Information Architecture Meetup Group Message Board › Sr. UX/IA role focused on Usability Research

Sr. UX/IA role focused on Usability Research

A former member
Post #: 6
Hello everyone. I just opened up a position with one of the best known names in the Publishing/Journalism industry based out of their NY offices. The role is essentially a senior-level IA/Interaction Designer, but the real emphasis is to find a well-rounded person with a passion and background in HCI/Usability research. I know that is something a lot of IA's like to work on, so I thought this might be a great opportunity if anyone in this community was interested in learning more about this role. It's a full-time position reporting to a Director, User Experience, and it would pay up to 120K + bonus for the right individual. I'm happy to have a more detailed conversation about this role if anyone would like to give me a call at my office number (888 204-0488). We've recently placed another senior-level manager with this organization and they are really excited about the Executive support in place for these initiatives and the prospect of what the future holds.

Please reach out if you would like to know more.

Thanks.

Mike

A talented User Experience architect with a passion for User Research is needed to work for one of the best known names in the Publishing/Magazine industry!! Based out of their Manhattan office, our client is looking to better know their customer base and to build appropriate products in the future. The User Experience Architect will contribute in a number of areas, ranging from User Research and Experience Planning, to Wireframe development. Projects will include Web sites and applications, and products and services for other delivery platforms. You will work closely with both editorial and technology teams on the continued development of new product offerings.

Qualifications for consideration:
*5+ years formal Information Architect/Interaction Design experience
*Deep knowledge and experience with usability research (usability tests, field research, etc.)
*3+ years designing web interfaces/websites, ideally consumer-facing web properties
*Fluency in Human-Computer interaction.
*Strong wireframing ability
*Professional portfolio highlighting relevant web properties
*Excellent communication abilities, both written and presentation-based

Apply today for this unique opportunity with a true global leader in their field! This is a great opportunity to work for a firm truly committed to improving the usability of their web properties, so you will enjoy the full support of management behind these efforts. Resumes should be sent to Mike Fitzgerald at mfitzgerald@winterwyman.com. Calls can be made to 888 204-0488 if you have any questions.