The New York City Information Architecture Meetup Group Message Board › Information Architect/UX Designer-Fantasy Interactive
|A former member||
All Fi IA/UX Designers have a passion and detailed understanding for how interactive experiences should look, feel and function on the web. As a part of the Fi team you will have the opportunity to work amongst world-class talent on a wide range of unique interactive projects, which include campaign sites, portals, and client application sites, such as Porsche and EA, Wacom, Nintendo and National Geographic.
What does it take to be a good IA/UX Designer? To put in the words of one of our IA/UX Designers:
"As a UX Designer you are kind of in a unique situation within the creative team. You don't have to worry about design too much, and you don't have to worry about implementation too much. You have to be able to see a project from a bird's eye view, in its entirety, and you have to be able to think conceptually, and find ways to innovate. Since we are at the start of the production cycle a lot of stuff is still undefined when it gets to us, so you have to be comfortable with that. All decisions you make have to be based on logic and reason, and you have to be able to advocate for the end user both internally and to the client. UX Designers are also the key-holders of all the client's business requirements during production, so you really have to be very detail oriented and have a pretty good memory.
Knowledge & Qualifications
* A portfolio of user process flows, site maps and wireframes
* Knowledgeable about user experience best practices and user-centered design
* Solid proficiency in a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Visio, Omnigraffle, Axure, and Adobe Create Suite
* Passionate about latest trends in interactive experiences across a variety of mediums with a strong desire for innovation
* Ability to ask appropriate questions and communicate effectively and persuasively to convey solutions both internally and to the client
* Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, written, problem solving, oral and diagrammatic communication skills
* Self-motivated and self-managing and able to work independently
* Comfortable working with tight deadlines and multiple projects in parallel
* Build site maps that outline all levels of an experience
* Annotate all functional requirements for development
* Document use cases, wireframes, prototypes and storyboards to effectively communicate concepts
* Develop detailed wireframes that incorporate all technical, editorial, and usability specifications of the project
* Participate in user research and usability testing when needed or appropriate
* Assess and categorize all existing and proposed content
* Gather requirements to analyze user needs
* Translate business requirements into intuitive interactive solutions
* Be an advocate for the end-user
Our ambition is to be the best company to work for in the interactive industry. We reward employees by investing in their professional development, building a strong, cohesive team, and creating an inspiring work environment.
We are looking for our applicants to impress; how you present your history, portfolio and skill set is as important as the content. We have some exciting projects in the works, and are looking forward to bringing on some passionate new team members.
Interested? Please apply to this position through the following link: http://www.jobvite.co...